Neuroscience papers to read this week. Note: these lists are for my own reference, but hopefully you’ll find something interesting in there too.
- Spatiotemporal characteristics and pharmacological modulation of multiple gamma oscillations in the CA1 region of the hippocampus
- Subthreshold membrane currents confer distinct tuning properties that enable neurons to encode the integral or derivative of their input
- Independent theta phase coding accounts for CA1 population sequences and enables flexible remapping
- Critical Slowing Down Governs the Transition to Neuron Spiking
- Beyond the hammer and the scalpel: selective circuit control for the epilepsies
- Microcircuits and their interactions in epilepsy: is the focus out of focus?
- In vivo coincidence detection in mammalian sound localization generates phase delays
- Dynamical Criticality in the Collective Activity of a Population of Retinal Neurons
- Fast Gamma Oscillations Are Generated Intrinsically in CA1 without the Involvement of Fast-Spiking Basket Cells